2. Information Collected Through the Site: We collect Personal Data through the Site when you voluntarily chose to provide us with such Personal Data, such as through one or more of the following options:
- Registration. Our Site’s registration system requires users to give us various Personal Data, including contact information such as their name and e-mail address, and demographic information such as a ZIP code, sex, age or income level. Such contact information is used to contact the user when necessary. Users may also choose (opt-in) to subscribe to newsletters (as further explained in the choice/opt-in section below).
- Surveys and Questionnaires. Our online surveys and questionnaires may ask users for contact and demographic information. The user’s contact information is used to contact the user when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings (as further explained in the choice/opt-in section below).
- Contests. We may run contests on our Site in which we ask users for certain Personal Data, as well as demographic information. The user’s contact information is used to contact the user when necessary. Users may choose to receive future mailings (as further explained in the choice/opt-in section below).
- Demographics. We receive and store certain types of information whenever users interact with our Site. TheCancerPath.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from users’ browser including IP addresses, TheCancerPath.com cookie information, and the page requested.
Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. TheCancerPath.com only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify a user personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users access parts of the Site so that we can make the Site appealing to as many users as possible, and improve the content. This information may be shared with advertisers and other third parties on an aggregated basis, but it does not indicate the identity of individual users.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit web sites anonymously. While TheCancerPath.com will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
- IP Addresses. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. All computer identification on the Internet is conducted with IP addresses, which allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. Through the Site, we collect IP addresses in order to conduct system administration, report aggregate information to sponsors and advertisers, and to conduct Site analysis. If a user requests pages from the Site, our servers enter the visitor’s IP address into a log. To maintain visitor anonymity, we do not associate IP addresses with records containing Personal Data. However, we will use IP addresses to identify any user who refuses to comply with our in-house rules or terms of service, and to identify users who threaten our service, Site, customers, advertisers or others.
3. Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
4. Our Disclosure of your Personal Data and Other Information:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements: TheCancerPath.com may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of TheCancerPath.com, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Data may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
5. External Links:
In order to provide users with greater value, our Site may provide links to various third party web sites. However, even if a third-party affiliation exists between the Site and that destination site, we do not exercise authority over these linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. We do not assume responsibility or liability for these independent methods or actions and are not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination sites. Similarly, we cannot take responsibility for the privacy initiatives or the content of such web sites. These links to third party web sites are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk. However, we wish to ensure the integrity of the Site and its destination links, so any comments pertaining to the Site or any Sites accessed through these links are greatly appreciated.
6. Third Party Ad Services:
Our Site utilizes certain services of third party service providers to display advertising for our third party advertisers. We do not share Personal Data with these third parties. The services provided by these third parties may in certain instances specifically ask you to provide to them Personal Data such as in response to contests or special offers. Such Personal Data is not provided to the Site and is not subject to this policy. These third party service providers are, however, bound to TheCancerPath.com not to collect Personal Data from you in any way other than from your voluntary response to a specific request stating the intended use of the information you provide. These third-party service providers may also place a cookie on your computer for the purposes of ad tracking and presentation.
We employ reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Data under our control. We employ strict security measures to safeguard online transactions, including usernames and passwords. Personal Data is stored in a secured database and always sent via an encrypted Internet channel. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Site may not be secure. Therefore, you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Our Site gives users the opportunity to subscribe to receive newsletters and other communications from us. This Site also gives users the opportunity to stop receiving these communications at any time. You will find an opt-out option at the bottom of all communications.
11. Other Terms and Conditions:
12. Contacting the Web Site:
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at this site, please send us a detailed message via the “Contact Us” form below. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.